Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Field White For Harvest!!!

A testimony from Lindsay Yim (Jr High Leader)...

I wanted to share with you all something amazing that the LORD did the other day…
I am enrolled in a History class at Chaffey and the teacher of my class had been my teacher before, about 3 years ago in another history class. The Lord had stirred my heart back then to share with him and I had a few opportunities to “let my light shine” in his class. We had talked years back about Jesus and he was one of the most critical people of the faith that I had ever met. He would spend his class time trying to convince anyone who would listen how Christianity was a ridiculous notion and that really we couldn't believe that their even was a God.
Fast forward to this semester – I picked up this class with the desire to share Jesus with this man. I have been praying for him this entire semester (which is about ¾ of the way over at this point). Again every class time he would talk about religion…every class! We talked about this religion and that religion and the LORD opened my eyes to the fact that this man was incredibly hungry for the Lord, the One True God. I was patiently waiting for the moment to share with him. God kept telling me to wait. Many times I would walk into class or stay after in hopes that I would have an open door. In fact the other day that I had purposed to go and share I walked up to class and it had been cancelled. I could hear the Lord whisper…wait. Finally, Wednesday the 8th, the Lord opened a huge door for me to run through. He was teaching about the Roman Empire. The last part of his lecture was about the effects of Christianity and the fall of the Roman Empire. He spoke of Jesus and Paul the Apostle and his final words were, “if anyone wants to stay today and talk to me about any of what was covered in class, please do.” Even though I had already purposed to talk to him before he said it, I knew the Lord was speaking to me… “Okay, Lindsay, he’s ready.” I walked to the front of the class, everyone had left and we talked. He pulled up a chair and for an hour I gave him Jesus. It was incredible! I opened my mouth and God filled it with words of knowledge and of wisdom. I was in complete awe of how awesome our God is. He took this man who was so critical, so bitter, so unbelieving and brought him to a place of lowliness and humility. He was so receptive; his demeanor was God-given. A soft heart, a wanting heart is filling this man right now…
I read that morning before I went to class in John 4. Jesus is telling His disciples, “Do you not say still four months and then comes the harvest? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!” The harvest is here; the kingdom is near…the LORD speaks to us to say, “Ask, and I will give the nations to you…” O Lord, that is the cry of our hearts!!!!!
I wanted to share this with you all because this was a three or four year old prayer request of someone that I deeply desired to share Christ with and God brought it to pass. Also, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE pray for Mr. Tidwell whenever you think of me or him. Thank you all!

No comments: